Friday, March 27, 2015

This Week In 10 Minutes


Which Way Is The Market Headed?

It looks like the market is moving into a correction.  Analysts and fund managers have been warning that a technical correction was overdue so if you didn't prepare some loss thresh holds, you're probably feeling a lot of pain this week.

It also looks like Janet Yellen will be speaking at 3:45 today in San Francisco so my guess is that the market will hold its breath and move at a snails pace.  If you were hoping to rebound quickly from a loss, that seems unlikely at this point but keep a close eye on the Nikkei on Monday morning to see how Yellen's comments resonate, 

Do You Trade Earnings?


In my last post I raised a concern about trading around earning because things aren't always what they seem.  This coming season is no different as I start to look more deeply at market currents.  There seem to be unintended consequences to the low price of oil and the high value of the dollar.  I came across this article which speculated American families getting lower gas prices and a stronger currency would lead to their increased spending.  

Unfortunately, there's no crystal ball here and the speculation was off base.  Not many people assumed that people would pocket the savings!

My Week On Twitter

I had another great week on Twitter and made some new connections.  Have a look at @sharptraders for some interesting info and one of my local Meetup followers @LeslieUrso

Enjoy the weekend, and look for my next post on Monday where I'll break down market conditions and some new opportunities I'm looking at.

Amin Hemani
investorspotlight@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...