Friday, March 20, 2015

My Favorite Moments From This Week - In 10 Minutes

Verbal Judo From The Fed

People the world over were primed and ready for Janet Yellen's report to the FOMC on Wednesday.  Nobody, however, was prepared to travel back in time to the mid 90's!  I watched live as she delivered a measured and monotone speech and I felt like it was Alan Greenspan speaking to me.  

Former chairman of the Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan, left, talks with Janet Yellen, right,  Monday, Dec. 16, 2013 at the Federal Reserve Building in Washington. AP FILE PHOTO

Setting aside the packaging, though, the message was pretty clear. The Fed is considering something beyond just the unemployment rate when they look at the health of the economy.  I was surprised to hear mention of a lowered expectation for inflation and Jon Hilsenrath at the Wall Street Journal picked up on that too.


Is There a Currency War?

The talking heads have been hammering away for months about a currency war.  Looking past this noise requires a bit of research but I came across a few gems that are worth looking at.

My Week On Twitter

I'm still learning the ins and outs of Twitter but so far it's been a great tool for me to make connections and expand my research capacity.  One of the things I did this week was create a "list" on Twitter that's made up of people who are talking about IBD® or sharing their content.  You can find the list here and remember to follow me if you're on Twitter too!


Enjoy the weekend, and look for my next post on Monday where I'll break down market conditions and some new opportunities I'm looking at.


Amin Hemani
investorspotlight@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...