Friday, March 13, 2015

My Favorite Moments From This Week - In 10 Minutes

IBD® Market Pulse

In the Westchase meetup this week, we discussed at length that one great way to mitigate risk on a trade is to ensure that you're only taking positions when the market is in a confirmed uptrend.  I strongly believe that this is one of the most critical variables in any trade decision.   

One resource that often gets overlooked is IBD TV, specifically the "2 minute tips" section.  For example, just yesterday I was taking a look at this video which points out how you can use the Market Pulse section of the paper to identify when the market is in a confirmed uptrend.  


Is The Apple iWatch For You?





We saw some buzz this week around the Apple iWatch but I'm curious to hear from my readers - are you excited about the product?  Are you thinking about buying one?  Can you see yourself using wearable tech? 


My Week On Twitter

I enjoyed meeting some more people on Twitter this week too, looks like I might break 100 followers this coming weekend! Have a look at some of my recent followers.  Pretty good sources of news and content and worth following back if you're on Twitter too.

@helynbolanis
@RussellTheOO
@TedRubin
@DianeGCibrian

And most of all, I'd like to recognize Jason Ludwig (@FreewayPhoto) who set me up with some great new head shots last weekend.  If you're in the Tampa Bay area and in need of a photographer, I can highly recommend him!  Here are a couple of my favorites, let me know what you think.





I'm hearing a lot of concern from my Meetup groups and my blog readers regarding a potential market correction on the horizon.  A lot of you are asking me how to avoid it or when to take profits on a specific position.  I think questions like this come from nothing more than a lack of confidence in one's abilities.  I'm sure i sound like a broken record on this but I always answer the same way, "what does your trade plan say?"  

The bottom line is that bad things are always possible and that is why you have to plan before you take a position.  It's natural to worry but it's a waste of your time so you're better off diverting that energy into something pro-active!  Stay positive and focus on getting better every day.

Enjoy the weekend, and look for my next post on Monday where I'll break down market conditions and some new opportunities I'm looking at.


Amin Hemani
investorspotlight@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...