Friday, March 6, 2015

What I Learned This Week - In Under 10 Minutes

I hope everyone is having a great week!  We've seen some movement in the financial space related to the stimulus in Europe and it will be interesting to see what effect that has when the markets open on Monday.

I've been keeping an eye on a lot of moving parts this week but there were several items I came across in my research that I'd like to share.

Here's an interesting video I watched this week from the folks over at Charles Schwab.  It's geared towards new investors but it's never a bad idea to brush up on the basics.

I agree 100% with their premise that:

  1. You have to start with a Risk Management Plan
  2. You should only focus on stocks that are going up
  3. You should always prepare an exit strategy in case that stock goes down.

We're seeing a lot of buzz around Apple jumping into the DOW 30 for the first time in their history.  Here's the Reuters report on the specifics, definitely worth reading before the markets open next week:

I'm also really excited about having joined Twitter this week!  I'm having some great conversations with others that are interested in investing and CANSLIM techniques.  If you're on Twitter too, make sure to follow them.

@smartertrader
@FrankHamptonFX
@JoeSpringer
@AllieL_Forex
@pbrat40plus

I know that things have moved sideways the past several days but keep in mind - that's a GOOD thing because it means the market is consolidating.  Stay positive and focused, use the weekend to prepare so that you're able to act decisively when the markets open.  Watch for my next post first thing on Monday morning where I'll put a spotlight on market conditions as I interpret them.

Amin
investorspotlight@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...