Friday, May 15, 2015

The Avon Hoax and The Market Rally


The Avon Hoax 

In an odd bit of news yesterday, it looks like Avon may have been the target of an attempted manipulation.  Needless to say, the SEC will be investigating this latest in a string of electronic scams.  Authorities have done a relatively good job of keeping these types of scams from affecting the broader market ever since the Flash Crash of 2010.  With the market on shaky ground, we can't afford to have another hiccup in the system!

I would love to hear from any investors out there who have a position in Avon.  How are you handling the recent news?  Does it change your long term outlook on the company?

Market Rally

It looks like we may have turned a corner with yesterday's market rally.  Many of the IBD-centric traders I know have been holding their breath for this moment.  However, there are still some analysts who advise caution as evidenced in this video:



For me, having the market back in a confirmed uptrend means it's time to consider taking positions again.  This weekend, I'll work on updating my watch list and cranking out trade plans for my best candidates!


My Theme Seems To Be Resonating

This week I expanded on my theme of monitoring positions here in my own blog as well as in my guest post on My Trading Buddy.  This talking point also spurred a really thought provoking discussion in my IBD Meetup on Tuesday night, especially when the conversation morphed into how lagging demand is still a concern for retail investors and institutions alike. 

It's understood that the summer is traditionally a frustrating season for investors but that doesn't mean opportunities won't still pop up for you. Any successful trader should incorporate risk management through every element of their process so I hope my theme posts this month .  

If you're like me, you moved into cash during this recent correction.  I'm keeping my head on a swivel going into the weekend so that if conditions are promising on Monday morning, I'm ready to pounce.  

Happy Trading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...