Friday, May 8, 2015

Only Have 10 Minutes? Read This Post!


Only Have 10 Minutes? Read This Post!


It's been another busy week for me but I managed to carve out some time to keep up with current events.  I'm paying particular attention to what's happening with the UK election.  The results there could potentially impact the strength of the Eurozone and with Greece still threatening to default you can bet that a shakeup in the UK will have wide ranging effects on an already tenuous situation.

Whole Foods Courting Millennials

Earlier this week Whole Foods announced big plans following their disappointing Q2 numbers.  On the surface, it would seem that they recognize millennials as their future demographic but I think there may be more to it.  Reading between the lines, millennials don't have the income to support such an overhaul for a pricey chain like Whole Foods.  I think this may actually be a veiled attempt to lower their prices and reduce overhead by replicating the recent success of Walmart and Target in opening smaller locations.

This topic spurred a great conversation on Twitter between myself and Alex Pitti who writes an interesting blog with some contrarian market views.  I had a chance to read through his most recent posts and it's definitely thought provoking so give it a read if you're interested in a different perspective.  

Monitor Your Positions

My theme for the month of May revolves around the importance of monitoring positions to test your trading system.  As a part of this effort I published a new guest post for My Trading Buddy which you can read here.  If you haven't already, make sure to subscribe to their free blog and newsletter for top notch content!

A Free Trade Plan For My Subscribers

Just recently I started offering a trade plan service and so far it has been very popular. To thank everyone for their support I've decided to give out another free trade plan on Monday.  To receive the trade plan you just need to be subscribed to my free newsletter which you can sign up for below:

Subscribe to my FREE newsletter

* indicates required




Have a great weekend and Happy Trading!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...