Friday, April 3, 2015

Now Hear This! My Week & My Gift To You

PHOTOGRAPH BY RYAN MCGUIRE
Nuke Deals, Indiana, and Market Volatility - Oh my!

News cycles this week were heavily centered on the long awaited deal with Iran over its nuclear program.  Make no mistake, this agreement is going to have a major impact on energy trading throughout next week.  Don't be surprised if the $EURO is affected as a result too.  

In the sports world, March Madness has grabbed up a lot of attention.  With the Final 4 coming to Indianapolis, local businesses have been prepping for a swarm of rabid fans.  However, a new law in the state of Indiana has thrown a wrench in the works for pro-growth advocates and has pulled attention away from this popular annual sporting event.  Once the dust settles, it will be interesting to see if Indiana's long term business health has been jeopardized as a result of the law.   

On the market side, the volatility of this first quarter has been pretty frustrating but if you're trading like me then you managed to grab some profits and you stopped out before seeing any real damage to your portfolio. 

My Week On Twitter

Twitter has increasingly become a resource in my research, I'm really starting to understand why the platform has become such a powerful force in recent years.  This week I came across a number of interesting people which I've started organizing into Twitter lists. 

You can check out my lists here but make sure to check out Floren Cabrera and Russel Barbour in particular.

My Gift To You

In my post this Wednesday I mentioned that I would provide a document to help people build their watch lists the same way I do it.  As promised, here's a copy of that document!  When I find a stock that I might be interested in taking a position on, I pull this up and check off each item in order as I work through my research.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it fits into your process!

What's On Deck

If you're in the Tampa Bay area, our Westchase and Tampa Meetup groups are getting together on April 14th.  If you're interested in attending, make sure to RSVP and please spread to word to your friends and family.  One of the biggest reasons we host the event is to meet others like us, share stories of our success, and learn from each others mistakes.  The more active and vibrant a group we have, the more we all can get from it!

I've also got some exciting new opportunities lining up in terms of expanding the reach of my message.  I'm also planning to roll out a series of new services based on feedback I've been getting from my readers so watch my blog next week for more news on that front!

In closing, I want to remind everyone that the markets are closed in the US today but elsewhere they're still open so make sure to limit your exposure if the charts aren't in your favor right now. 

Happy trading!

Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...