Friday, April 10, 2015

This Week: Spring Is In Full Swing

Some Signs Of Life

It appears that the $DOW is poised to break 18,000 and the $SPY is flirting with 2,100. Both are great signs state-side but I'm still paying close attention to what's happening internationally.  China's $FXI is showing some strong momentum and Japanese dividend growth has actually out paced the US recently.


There's a quite a bit of instability in the Middle East at the moment and it's affecting the price of oil along with global supply levels.  In fact, US oil stockpiles hit an 80 year high this week and with a proxy war going on in Yemen, it's quite likely the Saudi's will continue to keep production levels high to keep pressure on the Iranian regime.


Also, the Eurozone is facing a new wrinkle vis a vis Greece that could have near term economic impact.  The IMF will have some more tough choices ahead and it will be interesting to see if there are additional developments in the coming weeks.


A New Opportunity

This week I started my role as a contributing author for the blog at My Trading Buddy which is incredibly exciting for me!  I highly recommend subscribing for their free updates.  A number of the other contributors are putting out some wonderful content too.  Here are a few in particular you'll want to bookmark:

Paul Bratby
Mercedes Van Essen
Easy Forex
Dr Stoxx
Assidium

I'm planning to contribute at least 1 post a week as long as I can up with fresh and interesting content and that's where you come in!  Please keep your comments and ideas coming as they get my creative juices flowing.  

A Tradition Unlike Any Other

You know that Spring has arrived when you hear the lilting voice of Jim Nantz and see the rolling green fairways at Augusta National.  Wednesday kicked off the annual festivities of the Masters Golf Tournament and it couldn't have come sooner.  Many of my friends in the north east just went through one of the most miserable winters in recent memory so a few days dedicated to the glorification of a spring tradition is not a bad thing at all.  

Make sure you carve out some time this weekend doing something out of your normal routine.  I've always found that changing up my energy for a day or two can help to clear out the cobwebs.  Come Monday morning, I want to be fresh and ready to tackle new challenges and this is one way I manage to make that a reality.

Happy trading!

Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...