Wednesday, January 8, 2020


My Bullish Sentiments expressed January 7th 2018 Blog Post



Bullish Beginning For 2018


December is one of the best performing months in the market and we usually have a rally during the last two weeks of December. That did not occur in 2017. The 3 major indexes - $SPY, QQQ and $DJI stalled and traded in a sideways pattern for the last 2 weeks of December. In my blog on December 3rd, I had highlighted my projections for where I thought the major indexes were heading to end the year. They fell a hair short however. While the nation was gripped with the cold front (it actually snowed in tropical Florida in Tallahassee last week), the market was fully heated and came roaring out of the gate as soon as the market opened on Tuesday morning. My year end projections were surpassed within 2 days of trading in the New Year. I was elated because all my stocks and option positions were roaring as well. I had a list of stocks on My Watch List that were breaking out as soon as the market opened on Tuesday morning. Its a good thing that I stayed disciplined and took the time over the holidays to firm up my watch list. I wrote a post immediately on Tuesday morning to alert my readers on 17 leading stocks that were breaking out.
Performance of My Leading Stocks
Here are the results of the performance of the 3 major indexes as well as the 17 stocks that I highlighted in my Tuesday blog.

Major indexes:
$DJI ... +2.33%
$SPY ... +2.46%
$QQQ ... +3.96%

My 17 Stocks:

$OLED ... +3.85% ( added to my position with 8 wk hold rule)
$YY ... +13.30% (added to my position with 8 wk hold rule)
$HFC ... +0.06% (added to my position with 8 wk hold rule)
$TEAM ... +13.95% (added to my position with 8 wk hold rule)
$HTHT ... +6.29%
$FIVE ... +9.12%
$THO ... +2.75%
$NVDA ...+11.32%
$NVR ... +1.68%
$KBH ... +4.54%
$LEN ... +6.85%
$DHI ... +2.78%
$VALE ...+7.03%
$NFLX ... +9.39%
$TREE ... +7.23%
$WLK ... +4.00%
$URI ... -0.31%

Average performance for the 17 stocks (including the one losing position) was +6.11%. That is 2.48 times better than the $SPY performance. Performance of the 4 stocks that I took an additional position on was +7.79%. That is 3.17 times better than the performance of the $SPY. Market has gotten off to a very good start for 2018 in just 4 days of trading instead of the 5 trading sessions during the normal week.

Mentoring Program


Did your portfolio increase by +40% to +50% in 2016?

If it did not than you need to start asking questions about what it is that you are doing wrong! 2016 was an unprecedented bullish year and we have already started 2018 with unprecedented +2.46% with $SPY in just 4 days. You had better make a commitment this year to learn:

How to find the winning Growth Stocks?
How to Buy the Stocks Right?
How to Plan your Trade for Profit, Loss and Time in the trade?
How to Sell your Stock Right?
How to TIME the market?

I shall be opening up a very limited number of slots for mentoring this month. Schedule a FREE 30 minutes of "Discovery Call" with us and see how best we can help you become a consistent and a profitable trader and an investor in 2018. Don't pass up the opportunity of making a difference in your portfolio. Start out the new year with a resolution to invest in your education.

Contact us at:

investorspotlight@gmail.com



Happy Trading!

Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...