Sunday, December 23, 2018

Merry  Christmas


This is the time of the year when we should give thanks for the abundance we have in our lives and share our times and joy with the people we love, admire, cherish and respect.  Sometimes we get busy with our lives in pursuit of our careers to create wealth and a healthy portfolio for our retirements.  All that is important.  However its not as important as the people in our daily lives that make our life easier and those that support and encourage us in our endeavors.  I am very appreciative of the carrier that delivers my local newspaper Tampa Bay Times along with IBD(Investors Business Daily) + Barrons magazine at 4 am in the rain and nasty weather, 2 lawn mowing guys that keep my yard clean and neat, the garbage man that never fails to pick up my garbage every week and the waiter that pours my coffee for me when I am at a restaurant.   

I would personally like to thank my followers that read my blog every week and share their comments with me.  It was a horrible week in the market last week with over  -8.4%  drop in the leading Growth Stock index  $QQQ.   I had received numerous phone calls, text messages and emails asking me for advice as to what to do with their stock holdings going forward.  I am not a financial advisor and everything I publish in my blogs and tweets that I post are for educational purposes only.  My blogs are very straight forward and I present data as it unfolds in the market.  One should have started scaling out of the market into  CASH  as of October 5th when the major indexes  $SPY  and  $QQQ   had plummeted down to the 50 day sma(simple moving average).  That is the system of investing that I have been teaching my students for the past several years.


Market  Outlook


My suggestion this week is for everyone to enjoy the holidays in which ever way that will bring joy to you and keep you healthy emotionally.  We are in the bear market right now.  Bear market of 2008,  $QQQ  had dropped by  -50%  from August to November (4 months).  We have already dropped  -21%  in the last 3 months.  Trading volume during the Christmas week tends to be light.  If you are already in  CASH  than just let the market come to you.  Eventually all this  "Distribution"  from heavy selling will cease.  We will have a  "Follow Thru"  day  and the resumption of the uptrend in the market.  Have patience.  This is not the time to be taking any position in the Growth Stocks.  There is a lot of technical damage done to most stocks.


In my talks to the local investors groups in my area and to the students that I mentor, I often say that that these severe corrections are the kind of markets we all ought to be looking for.  These severe corrections in the market resets the bases once they undercut the previous bases.  During the "Follow Thru"  days after such severe corrections, leading stocks rise very rapidly.  It's not unusual to make a quick  +20%  or more within a week to 3 weeks in the leading stocks.  Conserve your trading capital as well emotional capital now in order to benefit from the opportunities to profit handsomely in the market.  


Mentoring  Program


Leading Growth Stock index  $QQQ  attained a performance of  +32%  in 2017.  This year it was  +12.73%  in the first 8 months from January to August .    We gave all that up and went into negative bear market territory  -21%  within the last 10 weeks.   Are you getting frustrated that you have been left behind and not fully able to capture the market rally we had in the first 8 months of this year?  Did you give up all of the gains made this year and slid your portfolio into negative territory?  No one should allow themselves to be in this situation ever.  Learn to  TIME  the market for proper entry as well as exit.  It can be learnt.  It requires a commitment and a resolve on your part to make this change.      


Schedule a 30 minutes of  FREE  "Discovery Call"  with us.  I will try to get you on board if you are committed to learning our system to Out Perform the Market.


Happy Trading!

Amin

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...