Sunday, July 23, 2017

Why  I  Stay  Engaged  With  The  Market

July is traditionally a weak month in the market.   Over the last 50 years, market has done just   +0.32%   on an average for the month of July.   If you listened to the media  "GURUS"  on the financial network TV, they would have said   "Sell in May and Go Away".   What do they know?   I don't consider them to be the experts.   In 2016, we had a  "Follow Thru"   day on July 1st and the  $QQQ  was + 7%  for the month.   Media  "GURUS"  were wrong and they never admitted to that.   I was on a 2 weeks transatlantic cruise in June of 2016 but I stayed engaged with the market.   It was a very frustrating experience with the internet on the cruise ship.   It was unreliable and expensive.   At times I got up at 4.00 am just to gain a reliable access to the internet to review the market and to scrutinize the stock charts.   I am glad that I stayed engaged with the market.   I was able to take positions in the stocks that were on my Watch List and profit from it handsomely as a result. 

Market  Performance  for  July 

I learnt a very good lesson last year.   There was nothing but doom and gloom in the news media last year about Brexit or Grexit and yet the market took off on July 1st for a  +7%  gain in  $QQQ.   2017 year is no different.   Mr. Trump is being investigated by  Mr. Mueller,  North Korean leader keeps firing off missiles towards Japan,  OPEC keeps soliciting its members to cut production of oil and Iran is continuing on its quest to attain a nuclear weapon.   I consider this to be the noise in the market.   It is best to just make your decisions based on the market conditions and what the stock charts reflect.   Your decisions in the market has to be driven by the data.   Everything else is noise.   Here is what the performance of the 3 major indexes and the leading Technology Sector  ($XLK)  is for the first 3 weeks of July:

  1. $DJI ...   +1.08%
  2. $SPY ...  +2.10%
  3. $QQQ ... +4.70%
  4. $XLK ...   +5.03%

Stocks  on  My  Watch  List

Last week I had identified 3 stocks that I was monitoring.   Their performance for July is highlighted below.   They have acted very well for the past 3 weeks.   I have identified their ideal pivot target prices in brackets.   According to the   IBD (Investors Business Daily)   rules,  one should only take a position in these stocks if they punch thru the pivot in volume atleast 40% above their normal daily average volume.

  1. $AMAT ...   +15.31% ($47.96)
  2. $LRCX  ...  +15.63% ($167.15)
  3. $NVDA  ... +16.28%  ($168.60) 

Mentoring  Program

If you want to learn:

How I Identify Winning Stocks Consistently and How I Trade to outperform the market


Enroll in our  "Mentoring Program"
July classes are filled.  There are just a few spots left for the August classes.   Reserve your spot now and don't procrastinate.   Learn to trade profitably with our mentoring program.

Schedule a FREE 30 minutes of   "Discovery Call"   with us.  Contact us at:

investorspotlight@gmail.com  

to schedule your appointment with us to see if you qualify for our program.


Happy Trading!

Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...