Sunday, April 30, 2017

Timing The Market

Last week on Wednesday April 26th, I wrote a post on the subject of    "Timing the Market"    It stirred a lot of discussion from my readers on tweeter and Linkdin.   Market had been consolidating since mid March in a very tight and orderly fashion.   Quite a few stocks were building tight bases just like a tightly wound spring.   All it needed was a catalyst to propel it further up or down.   We had over 70 companies slated to report earnings last week and the market took off Monday.   Market got into a  "Confirmed Uptrend    at the end of Monday session and that was my sign as a Growth Stock investor to enter the market.   That is how I time the market for bullish position.   I had my upper limit target set on Sunday night for the 3 indexex that I follow:

  1. $QQQ ..... 135 
  2. $SPY  ....  238
  3. $DJX  ....  209    
All the targets were met the by end of Monday session.   Market began to consolidate the gains for the next 4 days.   One exception however was the  $QQQ.   It kept up the momentum and rose  +4.29%   cumulative within the last 2 weeks.   That is where the strength of the market came from.

My Market Outlook 

Currently the market is still in an uptrend and I have a very bullish bias with just 7  distribution days   on the books.   Once again we have over 70 companies reporting earnings this week - including the   $AAPL   and   $FB.   These 2 stocks account for over  +11%   of the  $NASDAQ  index.   They are both at their all time highs and trending along a the   8 day ema(exponential moving average)   I have adjusted upwards, my bullish target for the 3 indexex as follows:
  1. $QQQ ... 138
  2. $SPY  ...  241
  3. $DJI   ...  211.50
Stocks that are worthy of monitoring this week are

  1. $MCD
  2. $WYN
  3. $CCL
  4. $BSX
  5. $AMZN
  6. $TMUS

Update on My Stock List of Last 3 Weeks

Here is the performance of the stocks that I had identified as winning stocks in my last 3 weekly blog post.   Some of you who are fortunate enough to be in my IBD Meetup group in the local Tampa bay area and some of my student mentees on line are  very familiar with these stocks.   I have shared my sentiments and my stock chart analyses as to why I consider them to be the stocks worthy enough to be on my Watch List.   I have highlighted the performance of these stocks as of last Friday April 28th.

  1. $ADBE  (+2.70%)
  2. $AEIS    (+10.63%)
  3. $AMAT  (+4.32%)
  4. $APO    (+5.81%
  5. $ATVI    (+5.32%)
  6. $CGNX  (+1.33%)
  7. $CIM      (+0.84%)
  8. $CHTR   (+4.39%)
  9. $CRUS  (-0.43%)
  10. $DIS      (+2.68%)
  11. $GMS    (+3.93%)
  12. $GTN     (+1.74%)
  13. $HDB     (+4.09%)
  14. $IBP       (+3.69%)
  15. $IDXX    (+7.88%)
  16. $LRCX   (+12.03%)
  17. $MKSI    (+14.57%)
  18. $MOMO  (+8.73%)
  19. $PCLN    (+4.37%)
  20. $RAI       (+1.50%)
  21. $SNPS    (+3.13%)
  22. $SWKS   (-2.04%)
  23. $ULTA     (-1.08)

Mentoring Service

Enroll in our mentoring program and learn:

How I Identify Winning Growth Stocks and How I Time the Market for Profit


Contact us at:

investorspotlight@gmail.com


Schedule a FREE 30 minutes of   "Discovery Call"  with us and learn how best we can coach and mentor you to make you a disciplined and a profitable investor.  


Happy Trading!

Amin

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...