Sunday, January 29, 2017

DOW 20,000 !

DOW 20,000 !

DOW 20,000 !

That is all I have been hearing since Friday December 9th when I went on a cruise to South America for 3 weeks.   Beginning of this year when ever I gave talks to a group of investors or ran into some of my colleagues and friends, Dow hitting 20,000 was the topic of discussion.   Every time you turned on the financial networks on tv, that is all that the anchors were focused on.   I could have cared less for the Dow approaching this round number.   I considered all this talk to be  noise  and a  hype.    Granted that   $DJI   performed   +14.57%   in 2016 and beat the   $SPY   and   $NASDAQ.    I am a Growth Stock investor and a trader and as such I was more focused on the   $QQQ.    It was already   +4%     the first 3 weeks of January.   It has been   +2.07%   during the fourth week of January.   I had alerted my readers to focus on the   Technology Sector   last week.   That is where I was seeing the institutions deploying their profits from the big   DOW   companies and the   Financial Sector.


Results of Stocks on My Watch List


There were 8 stocks that I was monitoring last week.   I had taken a position on some of them and I tweeted some of my positions for my readers to track.   This was for educational purpose and not a recommendation.   Here are the results of the stocks that I had posted in my post last week:

  1. $AVGO   + 7.66% (up $14.63)
  2. $NVDA   +7.46%  (up $7.76)
  3. $NTES   +4.35%  (up $10.55)
  4. $CFG     +3.27%  (up $1.17)
  5. $NFLX    +2.78%  (up $3.85)
  6. $SCHW  +2.42%  (up $1.0)
  7. $HQY     -0.65%   (down $0.30)
  8. $UAL      -0.82%   (down $1.09)

My Sentiments and Stocks on My Watch List


This is another very busy week with the earnings.   The  TITANS   of   Technology Sector,   $AAPL,  $FB  and  $AMZN    are reporting their earnings.   These 3 companies account for over   +14%   of the    $NASDAQ.    We also have big oil companies  $XOM,  $COP  and   $APC   slated to report earnings as well.   We also have  Janet Yellen   in the picture this week.   Most of all,  be sure to tune out the noise of the market and the politics of Washington.   Stock charts will tell you everything you need to know to trade successfully and profitably.   Stocks that I shall be monitoring this week are:


  1. $THO
  2. $CMA
  3. $EXP
  4. $ETFC
  5. $AMTD
  6. $ZION

Mentoring Service


If you would like to learn 


  "How to go about building a Stock Watch List and How to execute a trade n monitor them"


Contact us at ... investorspotlight@gmail.com


Schedule a  FREE  30 minutes  "Discovery Call"   with us to find out how best our mentoring and coaching can help you become a profitable trader.


Happy Trading!

Amin



No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...