Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas To All My Readers And Supporters


I have enjoyed sharing my success and expertise in the market with all my followers for the past 21 months.   You have encouraged me to produce fresh and new content every week with your retweets on my tweeter account  as well as you all sharing my content on Linkedin.   I have now over 6,000 followers from all different parts of the world  that read my content and I appreciate all the comments that you all share with me.   I want to take this moment to convey my very special thanks to you and wish you all a very   Merry Christmas.    Please continue to share your comments with me to help keep our conversations and discussions on the stock market going forward.  This will help us all learn from each other and make us all better and profitable traders and investors.    

I am writing this post on Christmas Day late at night in    Santiago Chile.   Chile is 2 hours ahead of Florida Eastern Time Zone.   This has been a fun filled day for me as I look outside my Hotel window with Andes mountains in the background.   The clouds  began rolling in just before sunset (it is summer here in the southern hemisphere with sun rise at 5.30 am and sun set at 9.00 pm)   It was a beautiful sight to see with clouds rolling in and hugging the canyons that separate the mountain peaks.   There was a rainbow between the peaks of the mountains and it felt like a very special and a magical moment for me.   This has been a very special Christmas Day for me and unlike any that I have spent in the US.   It is a very difficult day for me to write this post while I am enjoying all the sights and sounds of Chile but I know that you are all depending on me to get something from me every Monday before market opens so here I am putting down a few words for you.


Update on   $RDN   Virtual Trade


In my post last week, I was stressing the point of having a routine every week to build a    Stock Watch List    and the importance of doing   Virtual Trades   to sharpen trading skills.   That is how I come up with   Super Stocks   like   $NVDA   every year.   In the last 3 weeks since my post on  5 trades on this stock, this stock has produced a gain of   +24%     It  is now trading at the upper end of the channel and will most likely retrace.   

I had identified   $RDN    as a stock of study to carry out a   Virtual Trade   with an entry at   $17.75    We had set a trade plan for a   +10%  profit target.   Currently the stock is   +2.53%   for the week.   All the 3 major indexes    $SPY,   $QQQ   and   $DJX   have been trading sideways for the past 12 to 15 sessions but   $RDN   continues to march forward.   This is a sign of institutional support.   They are deploying money into this stock while the general market is just trading sideways.   In my post last week I had highlighted how the high volume had come in on July 5th, Oct 12th, Nov 9th and finally on Nov 16th to lift the stock from    $9.88   to   $17.58   for a total gain of    +78%    This is a stock that we can all learn very special lessons from in helping us identify the characteristics of a   Super Stock   


My Market Outlook 


I have a very bullish bias toward the market overall.   We do have    10 distribution days    and the   $DJX   has already advanced    +11.44%    since Nov 4th.   It is quite normal for the market to trade sideways like it has for the past 12 sessions.   I would not be surprised if the market does retrace a little.   It takes time for the market to digest the gains.   This would be a good time to harvest profits if the stocks have attained the profit targets outlined in your trade plans.   It would be prudent to raise the trailing stops as well to protect the profits.   

I have identified some of the stocks that I shall be monitoring this week.   Be sure to look over my tweets on Monday where I will share some of those thoughts with you.   The three sectors that are showing strengths in the current market are   $XLF (Financials)   $XLE (Energy)   and  $IYT (Transportation) 



Happy Trading!

Amin


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 First Annual IBD National Meetup IBD held a 3 hour Virtual Meetup online on Saturday August 20th at 11.30 am. It was one of the most inform...